Friday 28 September 2012

RE: [dcphp-dev] Introductions

Hey folks, I’m John Howard--@OSDinDC. Not a developer, but I do enjoy the community and the Symfony2 release was the first Meetup I made it to when I moved to DC last year.  I started as a tech recruiter, not really knowing what that was, in NYC in 2006.  I found I enjoyed the relationships that came out of being a different type of recruiter from what engineers were used to. When I started we were working heavy Java/C++ roles on Wall St; the market dropped out I started working with, what was for me, the first manager hiring for PHP, at a small media startup in the Village.  Never really looked back…led me into RoR, Python, JavaScript, Mobile, DevOps roles and companies and folks I enjoyed working with more…helping small startups working to put together great teams and un-bureaucratic companies connect with and hire good tech folks.  Also helped us create and host more Meetups, events, etc. within the community we work.  Looking forward to continuing to do so…(hopefully this will be considered Recruiter Spam-Free—don’t post or chat up anyone here aside from giving heads-ups on events, etc.)

 

From: washington-dcphp-group@googlegroups.com [mailto:washington-dcphp-group@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Sandy Smith
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 2:19 PM
To: DC PHP Developers Group Washington
Subject: [dcphp-dev] Introductions

 

It's been a good long while since everybody on the list has introduced themselves and said what they do. This will help us know who's on the list and give new people an idea of the range of talent they have to draw on by asking questions of the list.

 

I'll kick it off:

 

I'm Sandy Smith, and I organize DCPHP along with Barry Austin (DC Beverage Subgroup) and Brock Boland (He Who Keeps This List Free of Recruiter Spam).

 

I've been working with PHP since '99. I'm a child of the 80's and grew up on BASIC (C-64) and then tried my hand at other professions before settling on tech. Most of my career has been spent consulting (mostly building/configuring CMSes, both custom and Drupal) for DC-area clients, especially nonprofits, but recently I've been more in the startup world. I was a cofounder of mojoLive.com and have a new company that does both consulting and products called Muskteers.me. We just started a Kickstarter for two new products if you want to check it out: http://kck.st/QjQZho

 

For more details, my mojoLive profile: http://mojolive.com/profile/sandys1

 

Who's next?

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group: "Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" - http://www.dcphp.net
To post, send email to washington-dcphp-group@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, send email to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/washington-dcphp-group?hl=en


This email is intended solely fo

This email is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should know that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to this email's contents or attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all electronic and hard copies of both the e-mail and its attachments. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment