Wednesday 19 September 2012

Re: [dcphp-dev] Introductions

I'm "That pain in the ass from Twitter, you know the one that always rambles on about Doctor Who and has 60brazillion tweets that are just contest entries...oh yeah, I think he runs a user group somewhere."
(aka Sean or just "sprunka")

I've been doing PHP dev for almost 15 years. My first web apps and sites were developed in PHP 3.something. Over time, I upgraded to 4, but didn't really start using any sort of OOP until I switched to 5, which was probably a year or more after it came out. I do a lot of CSS and JavaScript too, since no one else seems to to willing to fight with IE the way I do. I occasionally even have to crack open Photoshop, but I'm not a designer nor graphic artist...just the closest thing we have in-house right now.

I can't make it into DC for the meetings, so I contacted my local PUG leaders, only to find out there were none, and so it fell upon myself to fill the role. I founded CHOPUG (Charlottesville Area PHP Users' Group) as a result. We're a *very* small group, but we're still new and the region doesn't have many PHP devs anyway.

my About.me ( http://about.me/seanprunka ) has links to just about anywhere you might want to find me, including Twitter, Facebook, G+, MojoLive, a couple of [mostly unused] blogs and Flickr (which is full and unused.)


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group: "Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" - http://www.dcphp.net
To post, send email to washington-dcphp-group@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, send email to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/washington-dcphp-group?hl=en

0 comments:

Post a Comment