Tuesday 25 September 2012

Re: [dcphp-dev] Introductions

Hi everyone,

I'm a little late to the introduction party. 

I'm Keith Hall and I have been developing PHP apps since about 1999. As most of you, I started out in the 80's tinkering with BBSes and working jobs to pay for long distance bills.

I have been in the DC area since 1997 (minus a 3-year stint in Charlotte), worked for a few non-profits and an agency and now run my own operation, Sononaco (short for "Some No-Name Company"). We have a few developers here in the DC area and a few working remotely. We build and maintain web sites and applications for mostly non-profits but we also work with a few corporate clients. Our work runs the gamut from Zend Framework/Symfony sites to WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal work with the occasional homebrewed app thrown in there. jQuery, HTML5, LESS <-- just felt that should have been mentioned. We also do dedicated hosting for web and email.

I have made it to a whopping ONE beverage meetup, at Rustico and really enjoyed meeting everyone. 

I spend more time working on our clients sites than our own but you can check us out at sononaco.com, which is horrible need of a redesign.

Cheers, everyone!

</k>

--Keith
Sononaco, Inc.

On Sep 17, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Sandy Smith <sandy@sfsmith.com> wrote:

It's been a good long while since everybody on the list has introduced themselves and said what they do. This will help us know who's on the list and give new people an idea of the range of talent they have to draw on by asking questions of the list.

I'll kick it off:

I'm Sandy Smith, and I organize DCPHP along with Barry Austin (DC Beverage Subgroup) and Brock Boland (He Who Keeps This List Free of Recruiter Spam).

I've been working with PHP since '99. I'm a child of the 80's and grew up on BASIC (C-64) and then tried my hand at other professions before settling on tech. Most of my career has been spent consulting (mostly building/configuring CMSes, both custom and Drupal) for DC-area clients, especially nonprofits, but recently I've been more in the startup world. I was a cofounder of mojoLive.com and have a new company that does both consulting and products called Muskteers.me. We just started a Kickstarter for two new products if you want to check it out: http://kck.st/QjQZho

For more details, my mojoLive profile: http://mojolive.com/profile/sandys1

Who's next?


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group: "Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" - http://www.dcphp.net
To post, send email to washington-dcphp-group@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, send email to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/washington-dcphp-group?hl=en

0 comments:

Post a Comment