Tuesday 23 April 2013

[dcphp-dev] Re: Question On "Permission denied"

Hi Robyn,

Here are couple questions/suggestions to help you:

What is the user that Apache is running as?

If you want to become root and have sudo permission run  "sudo su -" and you'll become root.  Don't stay here long though.

Once there - if you want to test to see if selinux is bothering things run :  # echo 0 > /selinux/enforce

to disable selinux temporarily - you can echo 1 to the same to re-enable it later.

Check if this solves your problem.  If it does, then re-enable (actually re-enable in either case) and try opening and changing  the following file

/etc/selinux/config. You need to change the SELINUX option to permissive like so:

SELINUX=permissive
which will cause selinux to not interfere, but log what it would have complained about to the logs.

If that doesn't solve it - I'll need an answer to the user who apache is running as..

HTH

Ross Carver
ross.carver@avantalytics.com
Avantalytics Corp

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:39:20 PM UTC-4, Robyn Wyrick wrote:
Hey folks, 

I have a problem. I have a LAMP server running CentOS. In php I am attempting to opendir('/var/lib/mysql/');

But I am getting a "Permission denied" error.

drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Apr 23 12:52 mysql

I can opendir('/var/'), and opendir('/var/lib/') but not opendir('/var/lib/mysql/');.

I can opendir on other directories in /var/lib, (like /var/lib/php). 

The permissions are set 755 for each level in this tree.

They are all owned by root:root, EXCEPT for /var/lib/mysql, which is owned by mysql:mysql.

I set the owner to root:root - but nothing. 

This is a test environment, so I set all the tree to 777 - nothing. 

I thought is could be the dot at the end of the permissions, which I read means the file has an access list with SELinux. But I cannot alter that. 

So, I'm a bit stumped. I don't have root user, but I do have sudo. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Robyn Wyrick
President, DC PHP, LLC
202-374-4747

"There is nothing in which people more betray their character than in what they laugh at." Goethe

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group: "Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" - http://www.dcphp.net
To post, send email to washington-dcphp-group@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, send email to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/washington-dcphp-group?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment