Tuesday 14 August 2012

Re: [Downtown Dharma Listserve] Buddha Brunch, Saturday, August 18, 12pm

Thanks for the invite,

I'll be out of town again this weekend. 

Hope you are all doing well, 

Amy 

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 14, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Danya Greenfield <danya.greenfield@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Dharma friends,
 
If you'd like to join for the buddha brunch and disucssion this Saturday, August 18 at 12pm, please let me know and I'll send directions to my apartment. I'll make a vegetarian frittata of sorts, so bring something else to share with the group.....bagels, baked goods, fruit, juice, etc.
 
I thought it would be good to continue with the Eightfold Path discussions we've had so far, so I've selected the topic for this brunch to be Right Effort. I've been struggling with finding the balance between accepting things as they are versus striving to improve myself and the world around me. There seems to be a fine line between the two, isn't there? 
 
Attached is a chapter from The Noble Eightfold Path by Bhikkhu Bodhi and here is a link to same chapter if that's easier: http://www.vipassana.com/resources/8fp5.php.  If others have resources you want to share in advance, please feel free to send it around.  Here's a short blog post that I thought was interesting as well http://bhikkhucintita.wordpress.com/2010/06/18/noble-eightfold-path-right-effort/.
 
I look forward to seeing you all!
 
Namaste,
Danya


 
On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Danya Greenfield <danya.greenfield@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sangha friends,
 
Hope you are enjoying the summer so far (or surviving it at least!) I'd like to invite you all to join me for the next Buddha Brunch on Saturday, August 18 at 12:00pm at my apartment in Adams Morgan.  Please RSVP by Monday, August 13, and I will send directions and details to those who are joining.  If the weather is nice, we'll enjoy my lovely patio, if not, we'll take refuge in front of the AC.
 
I'll send out further details about the topic and a not-too-long reading closer to the date, but wanted people to save the date if they're interested.
 
Namaste,
Danya

<Right Effort.docx>

0 comments:

Post a Comment