Tuesday 15 May 2012

Re: [Downtown Dharma Listserve] Digest for downtowndharma@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Hi Steve. You may remember me from IM. Older guy, moustache,  I have been verrry spotty attending All Souls, but your event is appealing and I would like to participate. I'll confirm later as plans gel.
 
My practice continues.
 
I recently thought of you because I just read the very engaging and provocative book about challenging the assumptions and approaches to urban crime, drug violence, incarceration, and more. It's Don't Shoot, by David Kennedy. Have you read it?  I think you esp. would find value in it.
 
Congrats on the new home!
 
Tim Siegel
301 520 8333

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM, <downtowndharma@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/downtowndharma/topics

    Steve Dowdell <stephendowdell@yahoo.com> May 14 08:49AM -0700  

    Hello sanga,
    To celebrate my acquisition of my very own house, I'm going to hold a
    day-long meditation this Saturday May 19. (I close on Friday). The
    address is 734 Kennedy Street, NE in DC. It's about 5 blocks from the
    Fort Totten Metro station, and is red/green/yellow line accessible.
     
    The idea for this is that before I put all my stuff my new home, I
    thought that a great opportunity exists to first welcome myself (and
    others) into the house and get to know it. I don't know what the exact
    start/end times will be, but I'm thinking about 10 am - 4pm. As for the
    format, I think we'll do 40-45 minute sits and then some walking
    meditation to finish off the hour. Repeat. Have lunch. Repeat some
    more. We can nosh during the periods of moving meditation too!
     
    There is no need for anyone to arrive promptly at the start. People
    can just come and go during the part of the hour when we're doing moving
    meditation (the bottom of the hour (from :40-:60), so this day can
    remain flexible to everyone's schedules. People can show up for as long
    as they want.
     
    It will be potluck, but no pressure because I'll
    probably cook plenty of food. Let me know if you're interested, and
    I'll fill in the details as they come in.
    Steve

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group downtowndharma.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.


0 comments:

Post a Comment