Sunday 11 January 2015

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Buddha Brunch, Sat Jan 17, and farewell (temporarily!)

Dear sangha friends, 

Hope your new year is off to a good start!  I'm planning to host the next Buddha Brunch at my place in Adams Morgan, next Saturday, January 17, from 12:00-2:30pm. If you'd like to join, please RSVP to me (danya.greenfield@gmail.com, not the entire listserve), and I'll send the exact directions and address. I can accommodate about 10 people. I'd like to discuss discernment and the pursuit of  happiness, based on Ajahn Geoff's guide on Discernment, p 4-12, http://www.dhammatalks.org/Archive/Writings/Discernment_v140930.pdf.  (It's a really long document - don't print the whole thing).  

I also wanted to share some exciting changes on my end - I recently left my job and will be going overseas for the next six months in India, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.  I depart February 8 and will back in Washington in September.  I'm very excited about this next stage - in addition to a spiritual journey, my trip will also be a creative exploration of my non-work-related passions (photography, travel writing, cooking), and to pursue something I've wanted to do for a long time.  If anyone has suggestions of places to do meditation retreats or study in any of these countries, I would be very grateful, and I'm still putting together my plan so travel recommendations are also very welcome! 

In terms of the sangha, Rebecca Ratner has volunteered to maintain this listserve (rkratner@yahoo.com) and Becky Lipsitz (lipsitzr@gmail.com) volunteered to coordinate the buddha brunches, so contact her if you'd like to host in the future.  I'll be at sangha the next couple Sundays, so hope to see many you before I depart.  Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement.

Namaste,
Danya

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to downtowndharma@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/downtowndharma.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment