Monday 20 January 2014

Re: [dcphp-dev] Re: New dcphp.net website

I like disqus too, so that's at least 2 votes for that. BTW, can I post a link to your skiphp slides for the Services talk?

-Oscar

On 01/20/2014 03:44 PM, Samantha Quinones wrote:
It looks fantastic! I think this'll be great for the community. I've had some pretty good experiences with disqus and I think it's a good option. :)

Thanks for doing this!
Samantha

On Monday, January 20, 2014 2:28:14 PM UTC-5, Oscar Merida wrote:
HI DC PHP-ers,

We've launched a new WordPress based site for our user group. While
meetup has been great for organizing our events, I'd talked to Sandy
towards the end of last year that it'd be nice to have an independent
site that could archive our content, where we can post to speaker slide
decks, maybe highlight discussions on the list, link to related groups
and other PHP resources online and more.

Currently, we pull in meetup information and i've posted our last two
talks. I'd like to find time to go back further. I also need to add a
page listing related user groups. For now, comments are disabled, since
I don't want to manage and deal with comment spam. How do you feel about
outsourcing comments to disqus or a similar system?

Check out the page and let me know what you think. I'm using the default
WP theme, its pretty good for an out-of-the-box design, and its
mobile/tablet friendly to boot.

-Oscar
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group: "Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" - http://www.dcphp.net
To post, send email to washington-dcphp-group@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, send email to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/washington-dcphp-group?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Washington, DC PHP Developers Group" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to washington-dcphp-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment