Saturday 2 June 2018

Re: [Downtown Dharma Listserve] Readings on Compassion with Borders

Natalia, 

What's compassion with borders?

In terms of acceptance/letting go I don't know of any podcasts but I read books and listen to Dharma talks. I imagine there must be some by Tara Brach. 


In case you're interested, In brief, here's what I think about on acceptance/letting go. 

They are the same. Two sides of the same coin, so to speak. 

As a practical example:

I prefer summer over winter. 

I HATE puttin' on extra layers of clothes. 

When winter rolls around, a skillful and appropriate response to the cold would be to ACCEPT the fact that it's now winter and put on those extra layers of clothes on to keep me warm. 
It's in that ACCEPTANCE that the LETTING GO of my idea of "I HATE puttin' on extra layers of clothes" happens. 

If I don't respond to winter in a skillful and appropriate manner by not ACCEPTING and LETTING GO  then I either never leave my apartment all winter or I don't put on the extra clothing and go outside and be cold. 

Thank's for your question. 

It gave me an opportunity to think about my practice. 

Best Regards, 

Sam


On Jun 2, 2018, at 7:59 AM, Natalia Rodriguez <nataliar614@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you have any readings/podcasts on compassion with borders and on acceptance/letting go that you'd recommend. Would appreciate any guidance from the community! :)

Happy weekend,

Natalia



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to downtowndharma@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/downtowndharma.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment