Friday 26 January 2018

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Sunday Sangha at Potter's House: 2nd Foundation of Mindfulness - Being who you are rather than who you think you're supposed to be

Greetings!

Our Sangha will gather this Sunday, January 28th, 6:00 pm - 7:30, at the Potter's HouseIf you're able, arrive five minutes early to be part of set up crew!
We meet in the Community Room--head straight past the checkout counter down the hall.

This Sunday we continue our tour through the Four Foundations of Mindfulness, moving on to the second foundation: Vedana. I think of vedana as the subtle inner signal that I find something pleasant, unpleasant, or neutral. Wait, did you just get bored?

It was LIFE CHANGING for me to start paying attention to vedana! I realized I'd been trying to get myself to like people and things that I didn't! I realized I was trying to not like stuff that I actually did! It was transformative for me--like I became a real person instead of just doing and thinking what I thought I was supposed to do and think. If you get 1/3 of what I got out of paying attention to vedana, I will be a happy dharma camper.

See you soon!
Klia


For meditators who, even amidst overwhelm, depression, or anxiety,
want to remember that they're already okay.
Free short meditations
Workplace
Classes | Seminars | Retreats

http://www.visityourself.net/
36,000 Twitter followers: @visityourself

Klia Bassing, MBA, MPP, Director
Visit Yourself at Work: Mindfulness Meditation & Games

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to downtowndharma@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/downtowndharma.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment