Friday 7 October 2016

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Rain change of plans: Rock Creek Park Walking Meditation

Hi everyone,

Since it is going to be raining tomorrow, I am moving this walk to this Sunday at 1 pm

I hope some of you can still make it. 

RSVP to let me, and not the listserv :), know if you plan to join us. 

Peace, 

Erin 

2016-09-25 21:23 GMT-04:00 Erin Brantley <erinjanedb@gmail.com>:
Dear Sangha,

It is a beautiful time of year and I would like to offer a silent walk Columbus Day weekend, Saturday October 8th, at 11th am.

I picked out this short (1.5 mile) hike below for being public transportation accessible and nearby. We can meet at the suggested starting point which is on 17th street in Mt Pleasant. Please see writeup for directions. 
https://liveandlethike.com/2016/05/18/piney-branch-loop-rock-creek-park-dc/

I envision doing this walking meditation at a leisurely but not unusually slow pace. We could then get lunch somewhere in Mt. Pleasant if people felt so inclined.

I am borrowing this idea from the Thich Nhat Hanh sangha so thank you to that group! I will bring TNH's book Peace is Every Step for a brief reading. 

Let me know if you would like to join!

Peace,

Erin


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to downtowndharma@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/downtowndharma.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment