Sunday 8 November 2015

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Buddha brunch

Hi Sangha friends, 

It's been a while since we had a buddha brunch, so thought I'd host one next Sunday, Nov 15, from 11am-1pm at my place in Adams Morgan. If you haven't been to one before, the idea is to create opportunities to deepen our knowledge and practice of the dharma and build community at the same time. The host selects a topic and a reading to discuss, which is circulated in advance, and then we gather for a potluck brunch and discussion.  The topic I'm selecting is cultivating happiness -  there is a talk by Andrea Fella on this subject that inspired the idea: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/audio-dharma/id75519213?mt=2&i=355893406. I'll choose a reading as well to supplement. 

If you'd like to join, please email me directly - space is limited in my apt so I'll close it off when the list reaches capacity. I'll send around the reading and directions to my place to those who are coming. 

Hope to see some of you soon!

Namaste,
Danya

Sent from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment