Wednesday 29 July 2015

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Off the mat, into the barn


Greetings Downtown Dharma members,

 

As some of you may know, I left my 9 to 5 job in service of obtaining a position in line with the values of right livelihood. Ironically, it took me away from our Saturdays Buddha Brunches and Sunday night sits!  I miss the sangha and I wanted to let you know that my workplace opened up space for a meditation and horses series.  It is a condensed version of the Wisdom of the Herd, Unity of the Sangha, retreat I put on for the Downtown Dharma sangha before I moved out of the city.  I hope to see some of you there.  The series description is as follows:

 

"Meditation and horses each provide a conduit to experience the moment as it is and to see ourselves and the world around us through the eyes of peace, loving kindness, and non-judgment. Accordingly, Rock Creek Park Horse Center (RCPHC) is offering a mindfulness series on Thursday evenings from 6pm to 8pm, beginning July 9, 2015.  Participants will combine meditation and unmounted interactions with horses in order to cultivate concentration, focus, calm, and ease in and out of the barn.   This series is appropriate for all individuals: from the casual horse lover; to the competitive rider interesting in gaining mental edge at high pressure events.  Please bring a bag super, paper for journaling, and wear hard boots or shoes.  Sign up for sessions at http://app.mainstreetsites.com/dmn2317/classes.htm?sem=16600#sem"

 

 

Video of Past Retreats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0YeaDjETZc

0 comments:

Post a Comment