Tuesday 11 January 2022

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Five Remembrances class with Em starting next week

Hello Downtown Dharma friends,

I am looking forward to meeting with you again in March! I wanted to share that I am co-teaching a class series on the five remembrances with my dear dharma mentor and friend, Ayesha Ali. It will be on Zoom.  It's offered on a sliding scale basis. 

Here is the link for the class starting Jan 22 2022: https://events.imcw.org/event/?eventId=978

And a description: 

In this class, we will cultivate awareness and balance by exploring teachings on life and death called the Five Remembrances. They are:

  1. I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.
  2. I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape having ill-health.
  3. I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.
  4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love is of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
  5. My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.

We'll explore how to hold these realities of life in compassionate awareness, opening to age, illness, and death as teachers, rather than fearsome monsters. Together, we'll create a space where we each can bring all of ourselves - no part left out - and explore the teachings and movement practices that nourish, inspire, and ground in the truth of our human existence.

Warmly,
Em

--
Em Morrison
my gender pronouns: she/her/hers 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/downtowndharma/CAB2asdyyAxn_k6yyGm5OXebXu6XwrOny9%3D3OqE7FctCrXNu2hg%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment