Saturday 16 October 2021

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Re: Fall Downtown Dharma Retreat

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who replied to the form about planning a short weekend retreat this fall. After reviewing the responses it looks like the weekend of November 20 is the clearest weekend for the majority of folks. I'm sorry that I couldn't find a weekend that worked for everyone. If you originally noted that November 20  was possible for you but you know that it's no longer possible for you, could you please let me know? If a number of people are no longer available on Nov 20 it's possible that we'd switch to an alternate weekend. But for now, please put November 20-21 in your calendar as days we'll host events related to this retreat.

In the coming days I'll reach out to folks who noted that they were interested in hosting a session to see if they would still like to and I'll draft up a preliminary schedule.

I do have one critical question. Would anyone like to donate their home space to host part of this retreat? I would be happy to offer my home for one day or a part of a day, but I think my roommates would prefer it if I didn't use the space for the retreat for the entire weekend. If you would be willing to host a day or a half day of sitting in your living room, please let me know and I am sure the group will be grateful.

Take care, and much love,

Luke

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 5:41 PM Luke Horvath <lukehorvathnd@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Friends!

Twice over the past...14 months the Downtown Dharma Sangha has organized hybrid in-person & Zoom weekend retreats. I think I'm speaking for at least some folks beyond myself in saying that these have been incredibly insightful and fun. I've volunteered to organize another one this Fall and I'm reaching out to get a headcount but also to gather information on who might be interested in leading a session. These have been entirely group-organized in the past, so I think the idea is for a group of us to volunteer to lead a 60 minute session throughout the weekend. The possibilities are vast. You can prepare a dharma talk about something meaningful for you, we can draw, we can mindfully toss balls around, we can maybe even share lunch or din din! 

If you're interested in participating, could you please fill out the following form and indicate what weekends you're available and if you'd like to host a session? I also included a question about the format you prefer for this retreat (all in person, mixture of Zoom and in person, etc.)

Finally, I would really like some help coordinating this! I  volunteered to coordinate because these have been so fun in the past. But I need help! Once we determine a date the next step will be to build out a schedule of events based on the suggestions people would like to lead. If you'd like to help me please send me an email.


Thank you!




--
Luke Horvath
he/him/his

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/downtowndharma/CA%2BoLhmF3ZvrwDirO-4_bew-CmCJp_0wJrx-G-t9ssc6SyAcCug%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment