Monday 2 September 2019

Re: [Downtown Dharma Listserve] Supporting a Sangha Member

Lovely sangha members,
I hope I got on the right listserv this time.  I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of the sangha in replying to my request, which Devin kindly forwarded, for healthy meals to see me through chemo  It has been very helpful for this period when I"m sometimes too exhausted to drag myself to the kitchen and compose a healthy meal.  I am delighted to have a refrigerator full of food.  In fact, after Sept 7, no one needs to do anything more.  I'm just one person with a small appetite in the best of times. And these are not the best of times.

I regret that I had to miss the meeting with Travis last night, but I just felt too sick.  On the upswing now.

much metta to all,

Joan Mooney
Writer/editor
joanhmooney@gmail.com
Member, American Society of Journalists and Authors, National Press Club


On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 10:18 PM Devin Maroney <devinmaroney@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sangha,

One of our members is currently undergoing chemotherapy and could use our support sustaining herself during this process. If you are available to prepare some high-protein vegetarian meals for her over the next two months, please add your name to this form. You can bring the food to our Sunday night sits or you drop it off at her apartment. Once you've added your name to the form, I'll follow up with you to coordinate delivery. 

Anything that is legume or tofu based would be greatly received, we just ask that you not include any cilantro or raw onion. She's also low in sodium so salty dishes are A-OK.

With love,

Devin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/downtowndharma/CALVVC3KTW0oLTwBKK%3D%2BLFQLXoKG0ykWxZ5duyoqTjCNpZiFGzw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/downtowndharma/CAB%3DBFrwahv9Wejk0uMQ6eZrDWjNk2O3uNqUcN5JooZMmO3rHew%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment