Friday 25 May 2018

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Sunday @ The Potter's House

Hi friends,

We will meet this Sunday, May 27th, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm in the Community Room at the Potter's House (1658 Columbia Rd NW) to pay a little visit to ourselves and each other.

Kristin was scheduled to teach this class, but her father is nearing the end of his life and she is by his side. I will be covering for her.

We are transitioning this week from the heart practices to the hindrances, and I'd like to share some teachings on the natural awareness style of practice that I learned from Carol Wilson (who picked it up from Sayadaw U Tejaniya). I've found these practice instructions to be very easy to integrate into my everyday life. I have also found this practice style to be a fun and peaceful way into an exploration of the hindrances. My hope is that you find it as helpful as I have.

Chairs are available. You're also welcome to bring a cushion. If you'd like to help set-up, please arrive five to ten minutes early. The space is wheelchair accessible.

Love and blessings,

Devin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to downtowndharma@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/downtowndharma.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment