Sunday 14 September 2014

[Downtown Dharma Listserve] Buddha Brunch on Sept. 27 on Engaged Buddhism

Hi All,

I thought this is an interesting quote:

"Thinking it over, I realized that the most powerful action I can take
toward societal improvement will to start very close to home, arising
not from the need to leave a mark on history, but from empathy and
sincere understanding of the places in my life where neglect exists."

I'm hosting the next Buddha Brunch on September 27 from noon to
3:00ish. The general topic is Engaged Buddhism. It's a topic which
we've discussed before. Given everything that seems to be going on in
the world, it seems like it's always a relevant topic.

I hope to send out an article or something. Please RVSP and I'll send
my address.

With metta,
Scott

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to downtowndharma@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/downtowndharma.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment