Wednesday 24 August 2022

[Downtown Dharma Sangha Listserv] Class offering - the Five Remembrances....

Hello beloveds who love mindfulness,

When I last taught at Downtown Dharma, I mentioned how the Buddha's teaching on the Five Remembrances supported my practice. Someone asked for more detail, and I am delighted to say there's an opportunity coming up to take a deeper dive this autumn. Back by popular demand :) Ayesha Ali and I will once again be teaching a 6-week online class called Dancing with the Five Remembrances. If you're interested, please come play with us and take the class! It's going to be delicious. If you feel so moved, you can help us spread the word via social media (since we never use it!) or to friends who might be interested. I would love to see any of you there!

We'll do a six-week format again on Saturdays in October from 4-6p ET. These core teachings on aging, illness, death, impermanence, and consequences -- and how they can inspire us to LIVE - are a source of wisdom that resonate deeply for us both. And, this time, teacher and past participant Pamela Freeman will guest teach with us one of the weeks! 

Here is the link to register: https://imcw.org/event/?eventId=1181

More about the class:

In this six-week series of classes, we will cultivate awareness and balance by exploring teachings on life and death called the Five Remembrances. They are:

  1. I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.
  2. I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape having ill health.
  3. I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.
  4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
  5. My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.


Together, we will explore how to hold these realities of life in compassionate awareness, opening to age, illness, and death as teachers, rather than fearsome monsters. Together we will create a space where we each can bring all of ourselves - no part left out - and explore the teachings and movement practices that nourish, inspire, and ground us in the truth of our human existence.


With deep love, 
Em Morrison (and Ayesha)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/downtowndharma/CAB2asdwPcJLywPms0tU4cgK-11jJSWq105x8H%2Bgc-sfgi2Q8Ag%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment