Friday 6 May 2022

[Downtown Dharma Sangha Listserv] Teaching Update

Dear friends,

As I mentioned at my last class, I will be stepping back from my role as a teacher on the DD teaching team to better align my schedule and obligations with the rhythms and needs of my family. This community has been a teacher, a friend, and a home over the past four years and I will certainly feel the absence in my heart. Travis will be stepping into the lead teaching/admin role and I am grateful that his loving heart will be guiding the way forward.

While I will no longer be teaching on Sunday evenings, I do plan to continue to offer other classes and groups. Please see below for details.

Living Dharma Group
The next two cohorts of the Living Dharma Group will begin on May 19th & 20th and end on August 18th & 19th, respectively. There will be no session the fourth week of June (the 6/23 and 6/24 sessions). I will be offering two concurrent groups if there is enough interest: Thursday mornings from 9:30-10:30 and Friday mornings from 9:30-10:55. The Friday group runs for more time because it had more people in it and I anticipate that it will again. The sessions will be conducted via Zoom. These groups are an opportunity for dedicated students of the dharma to deepen their understanding and experience of the dharma, supported by weekly closed group sessions and daily meditation instructions (sent by email). The closed group sessions include an introductory period of meditation, followed by a Q&A-format discussion. This group is being offered freely. Donations are welcome and not expected.

If you are interested, please indicate which session or sessions work for you and your relative preference between the two. Once the groups are assigned there won't be any crossover between them. Please only sign up if you anticipate that you can attend at least 10 of the 13 sessions. If you cannot commit to 10 sessions but want to participate let me know and we can feel it out depending on how many others are interested.

The last round was a rewarding experience for me, and, based on the feedback, for many of the other participants as well. I look forward to continuing this work together. 

Parent Group: Gauging Interest
I am working with Maya Cohen to organize a dharma parent group. The group will support parents in finding paths to peace and wellbeing through an understanding and practice of the dharma. We plan to have the group virtually and to provide a semi-structured format for sharing. If you are interested, please let me know and I will add you to the distribution list. This group will be offered on a donation basis. Contributions will be welcome and not expected. 

Dharma Class & Daylongs
I intend to be able to offer a regular dharma class and occasional daylong retreats in the not-too-distant future. I will let this listserv know when those offerings are on the calendar. 

With love,

Devin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/downtowndharma/CALVVC3Kn%2BjO2eFPvSt%3D2nb94X%3DBE%3D1DPAGirZTCJ2%2BVM_ovfNA%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment