Wednesday, 23 September 2026

[Downtown Dharma Sangha Listserv] Dharma Book Club | Self-Compassion (Saturday, 10/24 2-4pm)

Happy Fall, Dharma Community!

In an effort to make sure we’ve got plenty of time to read a book for October, I’m happy to step in and host and facilitate this one! We’ll be reading one that’s been on my list for a while, Self-Compassion by Kristin Neff.

Details:

  • Date: Saturday, October 24th, 2-4pm
  • Location: My place near Connecticut & Military in Chevy Chase, DC (full address shared with RSVPs before the event)

Note on location: My apartment is pretty tiny! I’m happy to squeeze us in, but space will be limited. If anyone has a larger space and would be open to hosting, please reach out to me and we can switch up the venue.

  • Reading: Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff. I’ve heard Neff’s work is strongly rooted in Buddhist psychology and invites a more compassionate and connected relationship with suffering. I’m excited to explore it together through a Dharma lens.
  • Facilitator: Kerrigan

RSVP:
Please RSVP through the Partiful here! If you’re not into Partiful, let me know and I’ll add you as my +1 manually and make sure you get all the deets you need without the app :)

As always, no pressure to show up as the perfect reader. You’re very welcome to join with whatever amount of the book you’ve been able to finish.

Potluck:
We’ll do a vegetarian potluck, so feel free to bring a favorite dish or something else to share! I’m in the mood for some fall baking and casserole-making, so come hungry to this one.

November is around the corner!
Please share any interest in hosting or facilitating in November with me! Would love to get something on the books early. 


With metta,
Kerrigan

--
https://www.downtowndharmadc.org/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/downtowndharma/CAC-LuFomsFxdRNG9a4UKS%3DeBS2VtouPJWyWOtdz7T0xmu4M8VQ%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment