Hi dharma friends,
It's been ages since I've been to a Downtown Dharma sit, but this sangha was so formative for me when I lived in Mt. Pleasant. I cherish those moments of silence together and connections. Thank you for that.
I'm now a therapist and I wanted to share that I have a few open spots left for Off the Clock, a weekend retreat for dads near Annapolis, MD, November 6-8, 2026.
My retreat coleader Kyle Wehrend and I will be giving dads a weekend to take their “dad hat” off and recover parts of themselves they’ve had to hide since becoming a parent.
Attendees will get to connect with other dads about shared experiences and speak the truth about what it’s really like being a parent in today's world.
We will lead men's group processing, mindfulness practices, "parts work" sessions, and other activities to help them get closer to being the parent and partner they really want to be.
When: November 6-8, 2026
Where: Harmony Hills Retreat Center, 186 Nutwell Rd, Deale, MD 20751 (45 minutes from downtown DC, DCA airport, and BWI airport)
What’s included: Men’s group processing, mindfulness exercises, opportunities for an individual Internal Family Systems (IFS) healing circle session, time for silent reflection/relaxation, and access to indoor spaces, walking trails, and forest
Who this is for: All men with kids of any age, including cis, trans, and others who feel a sense of belonging in men’s spaces. We strongly encourage men of diverse backgrounds, identities, and sexual orientations to explore joining.
Cost: $1250-$1500 (includes lodging and all meals) or $1000 (for those staying in their own Airbnb or commuting each day, includes all meals)
Here's more info: https://jeremymohler.blog/dadsretreat2026/
Interested folks can email me at jeremy@jeremymohler.blog to set up a brief intro call and see if it'll be a good fit for them!
--
https://www.downtowndharmadc.org/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IMCW Downtown Dharma social/volunteer listserv" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to downtowndharma+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/downtowndharma/CAC6tRRPYLeDnzqj_nS5OuH5LO0Yh%3DPZPXpP8uggWFHSn0N2oXA%40mail.gmail.com.
0 comments:
Post a Comment